London is world-renowned for being a hotbed of theatrical talent. With fantastic theatres dotted all over London and concentrated in the West End or "Theatreland", the people of London are spoilt for choice when it comes to performance. From spacious, purpose-built venues on the river bank to intimate, period properties down old cobbled streets; London has a huge variety of theatre styles and settings.
With such a large number of theatrical possibilities on offer, it can be hard to choose the best show to suit your mood and situation. To help your decision, listed below are the top ten best selling London theatre shows:
- Based in the famous world of 'The Wizard of Oz', this tale of the witches of Oz explains how one became "good" and one became "wicked". Discover more secrets about the land of Oz.
- Packed full of the greatest Abba hits, this is the story of a mother, daughter and three possible fathers! This is the ultimate family feel-good show.
The Book of Mormon
- Rolling Stone says, 'The Genii of South Park hit Broadway, and history is made. Mormon is on its march into legend'. It's The Book of Mormon, the Broadway musical from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and Avenue Q co-creator Robert Lopez.
- A stunning adaptation of Victor Hugo's masterpiece, Les Mis is London's longest-running musical and tells a tale of love and war during the revolution.
We Will Rock You
- With standing ovations every night, the phenomenal We Will Rock You continues to go from strength to strength at the Dominion Theatre. We Will Rock You is set in the future, on a place once called Earth. Globalisation is complete.
The Phantom of the Opera
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's dark, classic musical about a disfigured "phantom" who terrorises a theatre and falls desperately in love is a constant audience pleaser.
- Spamalot tells the legendary tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and features a bevy (or possibly a brace) of beautiful show girls, witch burnings (Cancelled too expensive) not to mention cows, killer rabbits and French people.
If none of the above performances have managed to excite, there are many more to choose from our London theatre shows
section. There are also some great Central London hotel
deals and offers for after the show!
About the Author: This article was written by the author for www.lth-hotels.com, official website of London Town Hotels Limited, fastest growing London hotels
About London Town Hotels
London Town Hotels Limited
‹ Back to London Articles
You can also e-mail us your London articles if you have had a remarkable experience in London, and there's something you want to tell all about.